It’s a tribute to the success that Giniel de Villiers and Dirk von Zitzewitz achieved in the T1 Petrol class by finishing first and then second overall in the 2015 Dakar Rally.
The new edition gets additional aesthetic and cabin enhancements. The Dakar treatment is applied to all Legend 45 models, with 50 percent of Legend production converted to Dakar models (to run for a period of three months).
What does it have that the Legend 45 doesn’t?
- Two-tone stainless-steel, tubular front nudge bar finished in polished stainless steel with a matte black cross bar and official “Dakar” decal in white.
- Two-tone stainless steel, tubular load bay styling bar with matte black cross plate and official “Dakar” decal in white. (The styling bar is optional on Legend 45 models.)
- Standard Tonneau cover in black (optional on Legend 45).
- Two-tone stainless steel, tubular rear step bumper with matte black step.
- 17-inch alloy wheels in dark grey finish – differentiated from the lighter hued ‘anthracite’ of the Legend 45.
- Exterior mirror cladding and door handles in glossy black finish.
- Two-tone front grille with chrome border and glossy black horizontal slats.
- B-pillar – black-out finish as opposed to body colour.
- Unique official Dakar decaling on the front nudge bar, front doors, styling bar and rear tailgate.
- Available exclusively in glacier white or chromium silver.
- Full black interior leather with red stitching (the Legend 45 boasts black leather with silver accents).
Hilux 2.7 VVTi Raised Body Dakar R315 100
Hilux 3.0 D-4D RB Dakar R361 600
Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4X4 Dakar R419 600
3.0D-4D RB Dakar R393 100
3.0D-4D 4X4 Dakar R451 400
Hilux 2.7 VVTi RB Dakar R396 700
Hilux 4.0 V6 RB Dakar AT R472 500
Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 Dakar AT R558 200
Hilux 2.5 D-4D RB Dakar R431 800
Hilux 3.0 D-4D RB Dakar R459 200
Hilux 3.0 D-4D RB Dakar AT R473 300
Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4X4 Dakar R518 400
Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4X4 Dakar AT R532 700