The C30 showed that Volvo could make a car that the more youthful buyer could not only get excited about but also afford. With a broad range of engines ranging from frugal small capacity turbo diesels to the entirely exciting T5 model with the same 2.5-litre turbocharged motors from the previous generation Ford Focus ST.
- Ensure that the ABS braking system is operating properly as these have been known to give fault codes on the dashboard
- The 1.6-litre diesel models had turbo issues so ensure that you have the vehicle checked beforehand
- Some manual models overseas were recalled for repairs to improve the feel of the gearbox, with repost suggesting that it was "clunky."
- There was also a recall in some diesel models for oil level problems so ensure that the vehicles have sufficient oil.
- Diesel particulate filters are also known to be troublesome
- Check the electrical system and ensure that everything works
- Make sure the car that you buy is rattle-free as this is a common issue.
Expect to pay between R80 000-R230 000
Check out the car here or here
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or more motoring news.