It is loved by rental companies as well as customers looking for a fuss-free, affordable sedan. It might not seem like such a big deal but when you take into consideration that the Corolla accounts for nearly 20 percent of Toyota's global sales, it’s easy to see why this car is one of the company’s most important.
We have received details on a face-lifted Corolla and here is what you need to know:
- The current generation Corolla is, by a long shot, the nicest looking - in our opinion. It looks modern and delivers a fairly impressive ride quality. The Toyota designers have just enhanced and streamlined the Corolla’s exterior appearance.
- The front end of the Corolla has been completely restyled to highlight a wider vehicle stance and a more prestigious design. It incorporates Toyota's Under Priority and Keen Look design language featuring a small upper grille flanked by new LED headlamp clusters, including new LED light guides, and a revised front bumper incorporating a large lower grille. One can tell that Toyota’s designers are spending time with those over a Lexus, the company’s more premium division.
- To the side, the door handles receive a new chrome trim finish, enhancing the character line running from the front to the rear of the vehicle. A choice of new 16-inch and 17-inch alloy wheel designs are available.
- Greater style is added to the rear through the adoption of new LED tail lamp clusters and a new chrome garnish, which further emphasizes the vehicle’s width.
- The new Toyota Corolla is available in a choice of nine body colours, three of which are new, namely: platinum bronze, Tokyo red and earth bronze.
The updated Corolla will be launched in Europe during our winter so we can expect this model to arrive towards the end of this year. We are unclear with regards to pricing and engine specifications, but we will keep you updated. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest in news and reviews.