- Park your vehicle under cover and ensure that the shelter can protect all angles of the vehicle in case wind causes the hail to fall at an angle;
- If you are caught in a storm, immediately search for cover. Try and get to a filling station or underground parking facilities;
- In the event that there is no cover available, grab as many blankets, towels or duvets as you can to throw over your vehicle, which will reduce the amount of damage and might even prevent destruction altogether;
- Confirm that you do have insurance that covers hail damage, as the cost incurred usually amounts to a hefty sum;
- If you can’t access blankets, towels or duvets, your vehicle’s floor mats can be very useful in an emergency situation.
Here are some pictures from the Gauteng hail storms on 2015/11/16:
Send us your pictures and videos on Facebook and Twitter.
Check Nam Auto Cars to find a car in Namibia