1. The first production model has been built - The first Ford Focus RS has rolled off the production line in Germany;
2. Ford expands performance division - The Ford Performance division will produce 41 000 models in 2016 versus the 29 000 in 2015;
3. The RS will be here soon - Expect the model to reach local shores in the second quarter of this year;
4. It has some firepower - It’s 2.3-litre, four-cylinder motor might not have the same character as the old five-pot however, it produces 260kW/475Nm for a 0-100km/h dash of 4.7 seconds, thanks to a launch control system;
5. The four-wheel-drive system is clever - The performance should be available in all conditions, thanks to an all-wheel-drive system, which also features a drift mode that sends the power to the rear wheels. Very cool!
6. Order books are stacked - The vehicle hasn’t even been released and Ford has already received some 3 100 orders for the new model.