Five things you need to know about the Bentley Bentayga:
- The British luxury carmaker’s first attempt and a production SUV, which it claims is dynamic, while still maintaining a level of off-road competence;
- The new car is claimed as the fastest and most powerful SUV ever with 447kW/900Nm from a twin-turbocharged W12 motor, making it good for a 0-100km/h time of 4.1 seconds and a top end of 301km/h;
- The car will offer up to eight driving modes, including an off-road mode, which will provide the driver with information such as steering angle, pitch, wheel articulation and altitude;
- The infotainment system sounds like a serious piece of kit with an eight-inch display, a 60GB hard drive as well as removable rear entertainment tablets for passengers, which include connectivity via 4G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth;
- Bentley claims that the new Bentayga has the finest automotive interior in the world, which is bold but entirely believable.
Five things you need to know about the Rolls-Royce Dawn:
- Rolls-Royce claims that its new Dawn model is the "sexiest" car it has ever produced;
- The Dawn is basically a convertible version of the Wraith and therefore shares the same twin-turbo V12 motor with its Ghost II sibling. It has 420kW/720Nm, making it brisk with a 0-100km/h time of 4.9 seconds;
- The Dawn is also claimed to be the world’s most quiet soft-top convertible, while its roof operation has been described as "...a silent ballet;"
- The car is claimed to be a true four-seater and not a 2+2, a term which Rolls-Royce doesn’t fancy;
- The car gets its name from a limited run of 28 Silver Dawn convertibles from the 1950s.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for motoring news.