We, along with many other people including the chaps from Mercedes-Benz and BMW have been waiting a long time for the new Audi A4. We are quite excited to say the least so we put together a list of things that you can expect from the latest Audi A4.
- Better aerodynamics: The A4 Sedan has the best drag coefficient in its class at 0.23. The new models also have impressively low CO2 emissions of 95 grams per kilometre.
- It is also lighter: Compared with the previous model, the car's dimensions have grown but its weight has been reduced significantly - by up to 120 kilograms, depending on the engine. The body of the new Audi models is one of the lightest in its class thanks to an intelligent material mix and lightweight construction.
- Concentrated computing power: If customers order a car with MMI Navigation plus, they automatically receive the Audi connect hardware module, which connects the A4 to the Internet via the high-speed LTE network. Passengers can surf the Internet and send and receive e-mail with their mobile devices via a Wi-Fi hotspot while the driver can use the tailored services of Audi connect.
- Super economical engines: The new Audi A4 has a ground breaking innovation for the gasoline engines. The 2.0 TFSI ultra with 140kW uses an absolutely new combustion method that makes it especially efficient and allows fuel consumption of 4.8-litres per 100km.
- Better handling: The handling of new A4 makes a great leap forward. On the one hand sporty and performance oriented, but with a focus on comfort at the same time. The suspension and steering filter out disturbances such as an uneven road surface, but communicate to the driver important information such as increases in lateral forces and tracking. This performance is based on the redeveloped five-link axles and the electromechanical power steering - they are exceptionally light. They lay the foundation for dynamic handling and first-class ride comfort while also reducing fuel consumption.
- Tablet style- the new, slim MMI display: The monitor is an element in which Audi's entire design expertise is reflected - with its black display glass with rounded corners, it looks like an exclusive tablet computer. It is just 13 millimetres thick and has a discreet silver-coloured magnesium frame in the top version with MMI Navigation plus.
- Keeping everything cool: Operation of the automatic air conditioning is another highlight - especially with the deluxe automatic air conditioning, which has temperature displays integrated into the control dials. Just a few buttons and dials are sufficient for convenient control. When one of the capacitive rocker switches is approached by a finger, its function is shown enlarged on the dark LCD display and selected.
- Virtual cockpit: The Audi virtual cockpit is available as a high-end option, provided that MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch is on board. Its 12.3-inch LCD monitor with a resolution of 1,440x540 pixels ensures highly detailed graphics. For example, engine speed calculated 60 times a second so that the virtual needle is extremely precise and moves smoothly. Scroll-down lists follow a physical model so that factors such as inertia, elasticity and damping are considered.
For more on the latest generation Audi A4 be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well as Instagram as we will be attending the local launch later this week.