Caltex Havoline Ford Racing's Russell Ingall finished fourth at a wild seventh round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series at Winton Motor Raceway in central Victoria recently and highlights of this exciting race can be seen in High Octane Motorsport on Supersport on the following dates:

August 10, 22h30 - CSN

August 10, 22h30 - Supersport 2

August 11, 04h00 - CSN

August 11, 04h00 - Supersport 2

August 11, 16h00 - CSN

August 11, 16h00 - Supersport 2

August 15, 17h00 - Supersport 2

August 16, 05h00 - Supersport 2

Cameron McConville scored his first V8 Supercar round win, after passing Rick Kelly on the second last corner of the 100-lap race; Jason Bright was third.

It was the climax to a day that featured seven safety cars and numerous dramas for just about every team on the track.

Ingall got as high as second and was challenging Greg Murphy for the lead on lap #87, when Murphy went wide and took Ingall off line with him. Ingall dropped three spots. Also involved was championship challenger Steven Richards, who could only recover to be 13th at the finish.

“What a day,” said Ingall. “There is no doubt about it, 100 laps around here is a long way and I'm sure the fans got their monies worth, even if there confused on what was going on.

“I had a reasonable car and I think with a bit more luck we could have finished on the podium, if not a race win. Our hopes went out the window when Murphy and I slipped off the track at the final turn with 14 laps to go.

“If I had gone to the inside I would have missed the rubbish on the track and would have not had to avoid Murphy and would have gone into the lead. That's just the luck of the draw.

"Thankfully I managed to drive it out of the sand and still stay in the top five.”

For Australian V8 Supercar Champion Marcos Ambrose (Pirtek Racing Ford) it was a day that promised so much, but two incidents dropped him to 28th at the finish.

Ambrose spun wide on the final bend leading onto the main straight on lap #25, with his only option to drive down pit lane and drop from eighth to 28th.

This appeared to be negated when the Tasmanian got back to fourth after safety cars and pit stops, but a collision with John Bowe (OzEmail Racing) on lap #60 saw him slide off the track and bog the Ford Falcon in the wet grass.

Ambrose lost 18 laps as he cleared the mud away from the wheels and let the tyres down to get traction.

He's now fourth in the championship, but just 25 points behind leader Jason Bright.

Super Cheap Auto Racing's Steve Ellery, enjoyed a great day as he climbed all the way from 27th to sixth at the finish. He nearly got fifth place after Murphy's car expired as it came to the finish line.

Rounding out the top-10 was Glenn Seton (Ford Credit / FPV Ford Performance Racing), who fought back from a lap down to finish strongly.

The Australian V8 Supercar Championship next visits Sydney's Oran Park Raceway on August 13-15.

Original article from Car